Monday, July 21, 2008

To Do: Chihuly at the De Young

I'm almost too embarrassed to admit this, but even though we live TWO BLOCKS from the entrance to the De Young Museum, we still hadn't been before Friday night. We decided it was high time we visited and we were SO glad we did! Who knew. We especially enjoyed the Chihuly exhibit (running until September 28th). It brought back such wonderful memories of London 2005 and our trip to Kew Gardens where we were surrounded by Chihuly.

So apparently every Friday night at the De Young they have a live band and all sorts of characters come out to "Swing". It was great. Patrick and I just sat on the steps and watched the dancers for an hour. I could have stayed all night. For all of you looking for some cheap (free) entertainment, let me tell you. THIS is the place to go on Friday night!
After dinner, we picked up some Burma Superstar and had a delicious burmese feast! We LOVE Burma Superstar, especially the Sesame Beef. YUM!

6 comments:

Lisa and Mark said...

Yay! I love Chihuly at Kew Gardens! This makes me want to go to this more...

Diana Hulme said...

Sounds like fun. If it makes you feel better, we still haven't gone yet...

And you are more than welcome to join us for lunch. Seriously. Maybe we could do it this week? You free around 1:30-ish at all?

g.lock said...

i love dale chihuly's stuff! and looks like you guys had a blast in nyc.

Shannon said...

Remember when I met Chihuly at a movie with my parents in Seattle? And remember how the movie was Pirates of the Carribbean 2 so at first I couldn't tell it was him because everyone in the theater had an eye patch on?!!

So cool you guys finally went! I'm sure you'll be returning often you museum lover you.

Tyson and Heather said...

Ohh..so fun! I love love chihuly! I always think of Kew too. Next time we come I really wanna check out your Burma place!

Diana and Jon said...

That sounds like a ton of fun!