Wednesday, September 10, 2008

VS


Patrick's birthday is coming up soon (!) and my dad is coming to visit tomorrow (!!) so we've decided to celebrate Patrick's birthday dinner together tomorrow night(!!!).

Sarah: We're going out for your birthday, where do you want to go?
Patrick: I dunno, no where too fancy
Sarah: But it's your birthday! We have to go somewhere fun!
Patrick: Fine. I will pick somewhere and let you know.

Next day:
Sarah: Have you picked somewhere to go?
Patrick: Not yet. I want somewhere with good chocolate cake.

Only a Larsen would base his entire birthday dinner on dessert. Us Cowans base it on steak.

Lets just say, we've settled on a happy medium. House of Prime Rib here we come!!

15 comments:

Lisa and Mark said...

I side with the Larsens. Dessert!!!!

B&K said...

I'm gonna side with the Larsen's as well.. it's all about dessert!!! Happy early birthday to Patrick:-)

H and J in TX said...

I'm confused - planning a birthday dinner on something other than dessert (chocolate cake specifically)? That's truly be a paradigm shift for a Larsen.

Shannon said...

I'm with Patrick! It's all about the chocolate cake. Always.

Amazing photo by the way!

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say hi. I went to school with Patrick and I found your site. Just tell him Brandi (Ballou) Grimsley says hello. Thanks

deveney said...

hello?!?! it is all about the steak! Clearly the Cowans have the right idea, stop somewhere else for the dessert-the dinner is what matters!

g.lock said...

happy birthday patrick! hope you had a great one. it was good seeing you guys at the game saturday! how 'bout that game?

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I was really hoping this post would be a recipe on how to make that delectable cake. I saw it and was all mmmmm!

My husband chooses it on the steak -- so I guess he's more of a Cowan.

Oh, and Happy birthday Patrick :)

Sara said...

Steak AND chocolate cake... could life get better?

Tyson and Heather said...

Yum! Happy Birthday Patrick!!

Julie said...

So, since we're twins, does that mean I get prime rib and chocolate cake for my birthday, too??

Carrie said...

Clearly I'm with Patrick on this one! We're diabetics in the making.

Lisa and Mark said...

and what does vs stand for? victoria's secret for patrick's birthday???

Sara J Low said...

Can I get a slice of that cake? It looks so yummy! I love your blog and I can't believe you two have TWO kids! That's wonderful, and they are both darling.

(I served with Richie in Nebraska, back in the day. I found your blog through Mindy Timothy.)

Tell Richie I said "hi!"

Shannon said...

Okay, you need to update your blog! This chocolate cake has been staring at me for weeks...