Monday, August 31, 2009

Two years ago today

I married the cutest, sweetest, hardest working guy in the whole world.


To celebrate, we drove up to Yountville and ate at Bottega--Michael Chiarello's incredible Italian restaurant. After lunching on marscapone/chive risotto with duck confit and braised short-ribs, Patrick surprised me by driving to a nearby park, pulling out a blanket and books and letting me lounge in the sun while he composed the following list: (too long and too cheesy for a blog, but I had to share/save)

What I've learned about my sweetie in two years:
-She is the most beautiful thing on the planet
-She has the cutest laugh
-She loves to smile
-She loves people--all types of people
-She is extremely personable and able to talk with anyone
-She's fearless
-She has great fashion sense
-It's impossible for her to not look SOOO cute
-She loves the Food Network
-She loves great food
-She's a hard worker
-She could do anything she sets her mind to
-She would do anything for me
-She is alwasy thinking about me
-She knows what I like
-She loves her head to be rubbed/scratched
-She loves trashy tv and magazines
-She can plow through a book in no time
-She hates football
-She hates politics
-She has gorgeous hair
-She has soft/wonderful skin
-She loves adventure
-She hates broken promises
-She has expensive taste
-She's a beach rat
-She hates strange showers
-She ahs the most beautiful, dainty hands in the world
-She has the cutest shoulders
-Her eyes are warm and loving
-I couldnt live withou her
-I wouldn't be happy without her
-She is quick to forgive
-She has a temper
-She's extremely intelligent
-She's willing to try new things
-She loves diamonds
-Almonds are her friend
-She loves hot fudge sundays and coconut cream pie
-She is thoughtful
-She is loving and willing to take care of me if I need it
-She's funny
-She has a mischevious side
-She's sneaky
-She's great about putting up with my gas
-She transforms after 10pm
-She's assertive
-She's confident
-She's nosy
-She is always in my bizness
-She wants to do what's right
-She is my best friend
-She is the best cuddler
-She loves naps
-She loves the white blob
-She loves for me to sing to her even though it sounds terrible
-She loves to dance
-She loves trashy food
-She doesn't know how to spit
-I'll never beat her at Buzz Quiz tv
-I would do anything for her
-I couldnt have been more lucky

OK, maybe he exaggerated a few of them, but i LOVED it. Talk about lucky!!
Here's to another year, even better than the last two!

10 comments:

Lisa and Mark said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! my absolute favorite: "she loves trashy tv and magazines." why ARE they so addicting? i have no idea. but i can't ever go to rite aid without checking my blood pressure with an us weekly...

B&K said...

Awwww- Super cute!!! I can't believe it's been two years, congratulations!! :-)

Bekah

Diana Hulme said...

so sweet! :) happy anniversary!

Traylor Family said...

Cute blog, Sarah. Happy Anniversary!

check out ours:
www.familytraylor.blogspot.com

Julie said...

Congrats, you two! We love you!

Tyson and Heather said...

yay! so fun, patrick..well done, what a perfect anniversary. you guys are so cute!

Tyson and Heather said...

yay! so fun, patrick..well done, what a perfect anniversary. you guys are so cute!

wendy said...

I can't believe it's been two years. You two look like newlyweds still. Patrick, well done.

Shannon said...

Sarah this is the cutest thing I've ever seen!

I'm so glad you two are married. Love you both and Happy Anni!

andrea said...

Congratulations you guys! Two Years! Wooo hooo! I swear we were just sitting in the I-house cafeteria in NY talking about your wedding plans! You guys look fabulous as ever! Love you both!
Love,
Andrea