Friday, December 4, 2009

Love

To celebrate 2 whole years of love, back on August 31st, we decided to head up to Napa to Michael Chiarello's Bottega restaurant for the best lunch in the world. I'm still a bit disappointed that I didn't get to meet Michael, but since it was our anniversary--and I would have probably been all over him, had we actually met, it's probably a good thing.

I had the fresh corn, snap pea, egg and chopped almond salad to start and the chive risotto with Duck Confit for my entree and Patrick had the "bacon and egg" appetizer with the short rib entree.And he of course, had some sort of coffee/chocolate/caramel torte for dessert.We're still talking about it. And asking each other when we can go back.

After our late lunch, we headed over to a cute little park where Patrick surprised me by bringing a blanket and my current book--so we could lay in the sun and just enjoy a beautiful afternoon. He also wrote this sweet list of things he loves about me while rubbing my head.

Man, I'm one lucky gal!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

You know what I love about you, is that you're actually catching up from months ago... so fun to see your pics! And I owe you a phone call!! Love you :)