Friday, August 26, 2011

Highs and Lows

At dinner each night at Rising Star, we review our "highs and lows" from that day. Some of mine from the two weeks...(kicking myself for not writing them down each day)

High: Watching Mandy and Kim kick butt at construction
Low: The stereotypes Indian men have about female capabilities

High: spending time in the colony and watching the patients serve one another
Low: having so much going on in my personal life that I'm having a hard time staying "in the moment"

High: figuring out that shouting "left, left, left, right, left" is insanely helpful when carrying huge concrete rings
Low: watching the Indians laugh at us while we paraded down the streets of the colony shouting "left, left, left, right, left"

High: watching my student finally start to get the hang of multiplication tables
Low: being exhausted from not sleeping on our Delhi trip and almost falling asleep during tutoring

Other things I've been super grateful for during this trip:
- air conditioning
- canned chicken
- ice water
- diet coke
-wheat thins
- wifi (and Skype!)
-Amanda and lex, the India pros
-zit cream (somewhat prevented a repeat SA forehead disaster)


1 comment:

Christine said...

I wrote some of my H&L's down...but I also really wish I would have written them all down!