Wednesday, April 30, 2008

BFF's come to SF!

Yes, it's true. Shannon and Mitch came to visit this week! Needless to say, Patrick and I couldn't have been more thrilled. It isn't every day you have friends come to visit (ahem) and especially not these two. We had hoped that somehow we could convince them to stay forever, and although it ALMOST worked, they just have too dang good of jobs in SLC. Lame. (But we still love you!)

First thing's first. We picked them up from the airport on Saturday and went to lunch at Boudin's so Shannon could get her bread fix and Mitch could eat "Real San Francisco Chowder".

Side Note: The Boudin factory is 3 blocks from our house so whenever I walk home from the bus late at night I get to smell heaven (aka fresh baked sourdough bread). It makes me want to grab a loaf and run for my life, but I control myself (barely).

After lunch, we headed over to Golden Gate park to wander around and go to the Japanese Tea Gardens. It was so cute! We'd been meaning to go for a while, so we were glad they were here to do it with us! Next stop--Giants stadium! The Reds beat the Giants just barely but we managed to enjoy the sun, crab sandwiches (well, Patrick did. I had garlic fries mmmmmm), and whale-tail in front of us regardless. Oh trashy blonde, why couldn't you pull up your pants! Yuck!
On to Bi-Rite creamery. For those of you in SF who have yet to indulge in this locally sustained, small batch, completely compostable utensil artisan ice cream goodness, get there STAT. And those of you not in SF, come visit so we can go! The coconut, cheesecake, chocolate and brown butter pecan were voted top four by us four. I can't wait to go back!!


I'll split the adventures into a few posts to save on the length...hold tight, folks!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

LOVE this post! You beat me to it!! We are already dreading leaving... tomorrow has come far too fast.

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

Fun! If it makes you feel better... I live in the SAME city as Shannon and she still never visits me!!
In other news... I can't believe that I forgot you live in San Fran when I was in town with my in-laws! I would have LOVED to come see you! What a waste!