Monday, April 14, 2008

It's that time again...

If you know me well enough, you know that I love birthdays. Not just my own birthday, EVERYONE'S birthday. I mostly just like any excuse to have a party and eat junk food. I also like to string them out as long as possible. That said, my own birthday holds a special place in my heart and there are certain things I feel are a mandatory part of my birthday, no matter how old I get.
1. Good Friends



2. Pinatas (with GOOD candy, mind you. None of this smartee's and double-bubble junk)3. Ice Cream Cake

4. Peanut M&M's


This year we had a barbeque, and it was an absolute blast. (not to mention delicous! Go Patrick!) Thanks everyone, for celebrating with us!

Oh, and in other birthday weekend news, my dad and Robert were here to celebrate with us! It made it extra awesome.
We had such a great time eating birthday dinner at Aqua (which was FABULOUS and super fancy, read: table service for every course!), a fun awards dinner for my dad so we all got to get dressed up,
and delicious brunch at the Cliff House with our cousins.

And to top it all off, Patrick, Brooke, Eric and myself celebrated some more Monday at Benihana. (I forgot to upload the pics). Now that's what I call a birthday! Who's celebrating next??

6 comments:

becca said...

funnnnn. i want piƱata.

Anonymous said...

I still think that Smartees, Double Bubble and Tootsie Rolls are what belong in a Pinata. Who ever heard of putting chocolates and crap like that in a pinata?

Jane Huddleston said...

So awesome. Sounds like a GREAT birthday week. Remember when you guys took me out for Italian on my birthday weekend but then Tony made nasty QUICHE on my birthday night so we went out for contraband "Little Snackers" at KFC at midnight???

Birthdays are the best. Miss you.

The Andrews said...

I love the fun birthday events! I definitely have to agree on your ingredients for a good birthday party! Let me know when you and Patrick decide to make a trip to San Diego, we would love to hang out!

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday! For the record, I like smarties and double bubble, but will agree that chocolate is far, far better! BTW, any time you want to throw a birthday celebration for me, just let me know. It doesn't even have to be my birthday.

You guys all look fabulous all spiffed up for your dad's award dinner!

Richard and McKenna said...

Hey Sarah!! Happy very belated birthday! Looks like it was loads of fun! :)