Monday, May 12, 2008

BFF's come to SF! Part 2

Since I'm waiting to go to a baseball game with the gals instead of spinning, I have time to post the second part of our BFF Adventures with the Corneliuses!Monday night was Alcatraz. Mitch and I hadn't been in years and both Patrick and Shannon had never been before. The night tour is dubbed the "Best" of all the tours and since Patrick and I both had to work Monday, we decided to do that one. We bought tickets a couple weeks in advance which is apparently the only way to get tickets (they sell out really fast). We rushed onto the boat just in time to sail away. It was really cool to go and learn a little more about "The Rock" and we had plenty of fun goofing off too.
(Notice my hair sticking straight up. I should have used a knothead, not a bobby pin!) Unfortunately for me, they filled in all the toilets :) After Alcatraz we were off to Ghiradelli Square for Hot Fudge Sundaes. We have ZERO problem going to Ghiradelli any day you want to go! It is Larsen heaven! haha.Tuesday was our farewell dinner at Foreign Cinema. We were so excited to go because we'd only heard fabulous things from everyone who's gone. Once again, those of you in the City, we'd LOVE to go again with you! Patrick had the halibut with fig and I had roast duck with foie gras butter (sounds gross, tastes divine!). I basically licked the plate clean. The restaurant is really cool too because there is this outside patio that they play foreign films in during your meal. We watched "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" while we ate.

We loved having Shannon and Mitch tour the city with us---we just wish they could have been here a little longer or better yet moved here :). I guess I'll settle for a weekend getaway whenever they can take one. Thanks for coming guys! Come visit again soon!

2 comments:

The Andrews said...

Paul and I need to venture to San Francisco! Ever since I saw "So I Married an Axe Murderer", I have always wanted to go to Alcatraz, and the golden gate bridge...glad you are having fun!

Shannon said...

foie gras butter = amazing.