Thursday, October 30, 2008

Nov. 4th

Hate me all you want.

I'm an apathetic Independent* who is SICK AND TIRED of the Election.

That said, I already voted for President, one proposition, and to get rid of Nancy Peloski so you can go back to loving me Mommy and Daddy.

Robert posted this on FB today. I thought it was pretty cool, mostly because it's the first political thing I've seen that isn't a bunch of biased crap. And I mostly think it isn't biased because I can't understand what they're saying. So maybe it is. And maybe I'm being subliminally swayed. But I already voted so it's too late to sway me!

Nov. 5th can't come any sooner for me! Everyone I know is counting down until the Election...I'm counting down until it's OVER.

And no, this is not the time for you all to swarm my comment box with reasons why I should be Republican or Democrat. I get it.

* John P. Avlon at The Wall Street Journal got me "spot on": Independents do not fit in the traditional boxes: They are fiscal conservatives who favor a strong national defense, low taxes, and balanced budgets, but who are, at the same time, socially progressive. They support same-sex civil unions, but not gay marriage; back legal abortion in most—but not all—cases; and are disgusted by Washington’s partisan gridlock. In other words, they’re pragmatists, not ideologues.

8 comments:

Morgan said...

I agree with you, isn't it over yet?!?

Rachelle said...

That WSJ quote nails me almost spot-on as well.

Brittney said...

I totally agree! The whole political process is a bit ridiculous to me, but I'll still vote I guess.

Just doin' my job said...

Thank-you Sarah! You're brilliant.

Carrie said...

Count me in as an independent who is absolutely SICK of this election as well. I don't even really care who wins anymore...let's just get it the heck over with!

Shannon said...

Haha you are hilarious Sarah! I love this! Mitch and I are independents too. (Also, are you referring to Pelosi? Who is this Peloski?!! haha)

Sarah Larsen said...

Umm yeah, I didn't even notice that. Oops! Pelosi it is...you'd think I'd have spelled her name right since I hate it when people spell mine wrong!

Shannon said...

Oh haha, I figured it was just a typo. And did you get the dress? I love mine! I convinced Laura to get it too!