Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sleep Talking

I absolutely love it when people talk in their sleep. The joy of trying to egg someone on to say weird stuff when you hear some mumblings is fabulous. Sarah hardly ever talks in her sleep or when going in and out of consciousness. Recently she did and it was classic.

Sarah: Conked out on the couch.
Me: Ready for bed bed?
Sarah: What? You want blood on your nachos?

Then back to sleep until I proceeded to make sure she got into bed. Next day, no recollection of asking if I wanted blood on my nachos. I bet you all have some funny experiences of your own late night ramblings or those of spouses, children, and friends. Please reply and share!

5 comments:

Kyle said...

lol!!! classic... and who doesn't want blood on their nachos! :) so when i was younger i shared a room with my little bro and one night i came home later after a date and was getting ready for bed and he sat up and screamed "SOCCER!" and then laid back down and went to sleep... it scared me so bad i nearly wet myself...

Sara said...

The occassional sleep talking is funny, but Dave used to talk in his sleep CONSTANTLY when we first got married. And sleep walk, and turn on all the lights. At first it was funny, then I was literally so tired because of it. The worst was when he gave me a horse bite in his sleep - no joke. Luckily he figured out how to tone it down after Jonathan was born and he could see I couldn't handle any more of my sleep being disturbed.

Shannon said...

Hilarious post. I love how you egged Sarah on! I seriously do that to Mitch too if he ever talks.

I too used to sleep WALK all the time when I was younger. My parents used to tell me the funniest stories in the morning about how I was walking around the house at night and talking to everyone!

Julie said...

Aiden talks in his sleep alot. Last week I heard, "DIEGO!" Which is his favorite cartoon. He wishes he could get in the TV and help Diego with his animal rescue adventures. It's funny to get snippets of what little kids dream about.

Carrie said...

I'd share what Scott says in his sleep, but he seems to be speaking another language most of the time when he does it.