Monday, May 4, 2009

I have a sunburn on my neck

It almost (ALMOST) makes me wish I'd worn sunscreen to Sea World on Saturday. But I laugh at sunscreen. I'll laugh all the way until I get skin cancer and then I'll cry.

I am not sure exactly why I think I am the only person in America who won't get skin cancer, but I do. It's a terrible thing. And it's even more terrible that I LOVE the feeling of sunburns. It reminds me of summer and the beach and come on, who doesn't want to remember that?! I get annoyed every time yet ANOTHER person has to comment on my "poor" sunburn. It's like, OK PEOPLE I GET IT. Yes, I know it's burnt, yes, I know you think I need your opinion on the pain. But I don't. I'm happy so leave me alone!! Besides, it turns into a tan in just a few days.

Ashley's wedding was wonderful. I wish I had pictures to share. But what a surprise, I forgot to charge the camera...stupid Sarah. Sea World was fun too but I have to say I'm not sure it was totally worth the $100 admission for the two of us (you get 20% off with your Southwest Rapid Rewards card). It's gonna be a long time before I go back. ALTHOUGH if you were trying to find a gift for Mr. Larsen, he would love to be a "trainer for the day". Hint, Hint.

We're entering into a very busy May--once again, we have plans every single weekend! At least they are exciting plans though. I'm counting down to Napa and The Boonfly Cafe this Saturday with the Paredes already :)

4 comments:

Julie said...

Carrie posted some fun pictures of Sea World on her blog. It looked like a lot of fun. There's a really cute picture of Patrick with Gwen in the sling...it looks good on him:) Glad you at least enjoyed your friend's wedding and a soon-to-be-tan! Wish we could've made it down to see you guys!

Diana and Jon said...

I wish I was sunburnt

Shannon said...

I have never been to Sea World... maybe because of my slight aversion to theme parks and caged animals, but perhaps I just need to experience Sarah-style?

August 7 -9 anyone?!

Alaina said...

Sarah,

Hey how are you! Long time no see. I just checked out your blog and I just have to say that I ABSOLUTELY agree with your sunburn post. I'm totally having my husband read it, just so he knows there are other crazy girls out there like me that for some reason or another just have an aversion to sunscreen. I tell him I don't burn, but that I tan, and he's not convinced since my "tan" always seems to be mysteriously red . . . I love how you say it reminds you of summer and I think that could be it for me too! Being out in the sun brings such good feeligs and memories that it's hard for me to attach something has sad as skin cancer to it. The funny thing is, now that I have a baby, I carry sunscreen with me all the time. I lather him up generously . . . while I go solo . . . when will I learn! Keep writing, your posts are super entertaining.