Thursday, April 23, 2009

The ideal online store...

Would have Zappo's shipping policy, Anthro's return policy and Nordstrom's customer service. Right?

How am I supposed to be okay with spending $20 to ship and $10 to return? That's like half the price of the dress I wanted to buy! I don't think so!

I've been known to spend just enough at Gap.com to get the free shipping and then turn around and return the extra items in-store so I don't have to pay the return fees...

There's a reason Nordstrom and Anthro have gotten over 80% of my shopping funds in the past 10 years. I like to buy a bunch of things, think about it, and then return it 6,8...12 months later (if I never wore it, of course. I'm very honest) And they let me! Now that's a shopper's dream come true! (and a Husband's nightmare).

I know that I'm the bane of every commissioned employee, however, I will say this. Give me a good return policy (that I admittedly overuse) and you will get more of my money than anyone else. I think it balances out.

Which reminds me. Let me know if you're planning a purchase at VictoriasSecret.com any time soon. There's some bathing suits I'd like to split the shipping charges for :)

3 comments:

Morgan said...

haha I love this and totally agree with you. I'm bummed I didn't get to go shopping with you but when you don't have a job it's hard to justify. However, I do want this swims suit at victoria's secret so I might be willing to go in with you.

becca said...

lots of shopping posts lately.

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I totes agree with you. Bad return policies are the bane of my existence. I hate them. I won't shop there. I'm so much more relaxed shopping at Nordies.