Tuesday, April 21, 2009

There's a new wave of missionaries...


As everyone knows--Amanda is on a mission in Charlotte, North Carolina. She loves it, she's doing great, her letters are wonderful...

The thing I did NOT expect from her being on a mission (not that I mind at all) is all the facebook requests I've gotten from people in her area with notes saying how fabulous she is. I mean, DUH, I know she's great but it's awesome to see so many young people getting to know their ward missionaries and wanting to share their love with her family. I know I was never in a singles ward outside of college, so maybe this kind of love is normal, but I doubt it. Just makes me so happy she's in a place where so many people care so much. Not to mention how technology has changed things so much. I mean, she goes to church, someone takes a pic on their phone, uploads it to facebook and then I get to copy it and paste it on my blog. Sheesh!

In other news, Ashley's getting married in a week and we're going down to Laguna for the wedding! I can't wait!!!!

No comments: