Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Enlighten me

Am I the only person who likes lots of light on all the time? I go into a room and I want everything bright. All the lights on. Double lights in the bathroom, all the lights in the living room. Is that normal? I'm starting to think it's not. Because every time I'm with my family-in-law, they turn all the lights off except one. And then I'm sitting in the dusk (?) confused. Why don't you want it BRIGHT?!

PS: This is in no way an intentional call-out at the Larsen clan. I'm simply curious as to everyone's habits.

PPS: PSG Holiday Party, Correspondance Project, and Holid8 pics coming shortly. I'm having red-eye issues.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

no i like bright to i done understand why people want in the middle i want either Bright or Dark no in between but my roommates always want dusk soo idk

Patrick L said...

Hey, why you calling out the fam? I used to prefer dimly lit, but now I like an in between and appreciate a brightly lit room as well.

Sarah Larsen said...

OH Patrick, I'm slowly converting to the bright side ;)

Meg Ruth said...

I like very dim lights. One light hidden behind something is best.

Unless it's daylight, I like daylight.

H and J in TX said...

I think I was traumatized as a child when Mama would wake me up in the mornings by flipping on the overhead light without warning. As a result I'm convinced that overhead lights should be illegal. I've got 4 lamps in my office that I use all day and I never turn the overhead lights on.
JoAnn

Lisa and Mark said...

mark turns out lights to save money. pfff!

Meredith said...

I come home and turn on every light in the house and then James follows behind me and turns them off. He tells me I'm an energy waster. I also like lights on during movies. So I'm gonna have to agree with you.

Julie said...

Overhead lights drive me nuts!(Though, I do prefer all lights on in the bathroom, probably because that's my only choice). But, I love lamps because it creates a more cozy feel. That's funny of you to point that out. Our house must drive you nuts! I had no idea.

Yancy said...

i can appreciate the full range (dim to bright) but leaving the lights on when no one is in the room drives me crazy. :)

Just doin' my job said...

light is bad!