Thursday, October 4, 2007

Missing Wallet


Tuesday night was our "New Hire" dinner. Needless to say, I was really excited. (Free food!) Also, I got to expense a cab home after. (Not that I don't love the bus. I just don't love how long the ride is if you don't catch an express). Anyways, so I went to the ATM to get cash out for the cab and somehow misplaced my wallet. Unfortunately, I didn't notice that until I got home and went to put my change from the Cab into my wallet. Alas, no wallet. Oh Crap. I called the restaurant, and although they were sweet, they couldn't find anything. They promised to call me in the morning with an update. I was sick to my stomach all night. I don't even want to tell you what was in my wallet in case it entices you to steal it from me in the future. I went to work the next morning hoping someone had grabbed it and wanted to give it back. No luck. And no phone call. Luckily, no one had charged anything to the the cards yet so I still had a teeny tiny bit of hope. At noon, right when I was about to give up, I called the restaurant again just to check.

HEAVENLY FATHER LOVES ME

They found my wallet. The only thing missing was my bus pass. Which definitely sucks (and means I have to spend $95 to ride the bus this month) but in the big scheme of things, I know it could have been a lot worse. A LOT worse. I still can't believe I got it back. I swore to Patrick I'd never let it out of my sight again. (Which might have been a lie--)

On another note, never go to E&O Trading Co because the food isn't that good. But if you happen to go, you can leave your wallet 'cause they'll give it back.