Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ultimate Sorenson Weekend

With a title like that you know a few things:

1. We had a great time
2. Scott looks the same in EVERY picture (no one has their photo smile down as well as Scott)
3. Lots of eating was involved
4. Someone must be moving far away and we're trying to pack as much bestie time in before June 18th (hint, it's not us)

I kept thinking if I didn't post this, they couldn't leave, but unfortunately, I don't think it works like that...

A few weeks ago we came to the terrible realization that our time with Scott and Michelle was quickly coming to an end. What better way to say goodbye than to dedicate an entire weekend to hanging out with them, right?

Dinner Friday at Pizzeria Delfina. True Italian Pizza--and while absolutely delicious, I think I like NY Style best (Gasp! Saraceno clan, please don't disown me). While documenting the evening we came to the discovery that Scott has a special gift--he can put on his "photo smile" and look identical in every picture he takes.





Saturday afternoon we left for Santa Cruz and were shocked to find that it was 100+ degrees and TOTALLY trashy (sorry Burgons but it's true). In any case, you can't go wrong with chocolate dip cones and deep fried twinkies so we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.





We decided to take the scenic path home and further extend our time together. Along the way, we found the cutest "You Pick 'Em" strawberry farm. Maybe if we hadn't already been so tired or so...throw in many other excuses here... we would have actually picked some ourselves, but alas we bought some strawberry truffles and pre-picked berries and called it a day. The best part about the farm was the "honesty cash register" where you paid for what you purchased. Talk about trustworthy! I really hope no one takes advantage. We didn't! I promise!

We also did a quick drive-by at the Half Moon Bay Ritz. Gorgeous Views. I wouldn't mind staying there sometime...ha!

Needless to say, June 18th is coming WAY too fast. I guess I didn't expect to have found such great friends so fast and then have them leave even faster. Good luck in Boston. I hope you hate it, quit Harvard and move back to SF :) (I'm only kinda kidding)

4 comments:

The Andrews said...

Santa Cruz looks like so much fun, and deep-fried twinkies, are you kidding me, that sounds amazing! I was looking at your friend Scott in the pics and you are right on, it is the same...that takes some amazing talent!

Tyson and Heather said...

Fun! Well not the part about your friends moving! Darn missed the fried twinkies!! Half Moon Bay looks gorgeous:)!!!

Scott Sorenson said...

"One look? One look?!?! I don't think so!"

You and Mugatu may be on to something here. Thanks for a great time.

Shannon said...

Looks like an awesome weekend...

And thank you for saying that about Santa Cruz! I feel the same way but everyone keeps trying to tell me it is so great. After we went I felt so let down. Sorry, but I like my beaches empty, without corndog stands everywhere.